A boutique hotel is often usually small, exclusive, intimate and luxurious with generous staff to guest ratios but with a BIG personality. I’ve rounded up a selection of top-rated boutique hotels, what to expect and a comprehensive list of boutique hotels to suit all budgets. One thing I am sure of, that whatever your tastes and preferences, there is a boutique hotel designed to suit every type of traveller and I’m sure you will fall in love with the stylish and cosy atmosphere.
Choosing the right boutique hotel can be tricky as they often quite expensive, but with HolidayGuru’s expert help you can find some bargain hidden gems, meaning you and your sweetheart can enjoy a romantic retreat. Styles range from grand mega-hotels to minimalistic nordic properties and all-inclusive beach resorts to quaint country inns. Today’s travellers’ never-ending search for something “new and different” has inspired the growth of boutique hotels. But exactly what is a boutique hotel?
What is a Boutique Hotel?
Size – Boutique hotels are typically small, with 10 to 100 rooms. They are renowned for creating an intimate atmosphere almost like a high-end personal space in a private home, rather than just a hotel occupant. A common trait is to offer stylish lounge areas for guests to interact or relaxation spaces.
Design – The architecture and interior design of a boutique hotel is as unique, but always upscale and often combining historic details with chic elegance. Rooms are individually decorated, and use upscale linens and exclusive amenities. Whilst each hotel varies in terms of character and design, they all tend to be luxurious and elegant, a good example of this is the collection Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
Service – Highly personalized service is a quintessential characteristic of boutique hotels. Staff get to know your name on the first day of your stay and will cater to special requests. A good example is at boutique spa hotels, you will find an extensive list of very high-quality services, individualized experience.
Gastronomy – Like everything else about boutique hotels, their restaurants and bars tend to be trendy and locally-sourced. You can expect to find high quality, authentic cuisine, and comfortable cocktail atmospheres that make these restaurants and bars popular amongst guests and locals.
Guru tip: Check out our Groupon deals which often feature deals to exclusive boutique hotels for bargain prices. Their hotels range all over the world there is no limit!
Boutique Budget Hotels in Ireland
Ireland is home to many boutique hotels that offer decadent accommodation but these don’t have to cost the earth. I have rounded up a list of bargain-friendly hotels don’t skimp on style and offer discerning weekenders some serious luxury for less.
- Dublin: Ariel House Hotel is a charming stay for anyone who is seeking wonderful accommodation for a reasonable price in Dublin, close to the Aviva Stadium. A boutique hotel with a Victorian-era feel to it, you will fall in love with the snug drawing room, semi-orthopaedic mattresses, quality linen and towels.
- Killorglin, Kerry: Surrounded by lush, award-winning gardens, this charming property Ard Na Sidhe Country House is
located on the shores of Caragh Lake. The intimate dining room with dramatic lake views offers romantic candlelit dinners and when it comes to retiring to your room, you won’t fail to be impressed with the oak wood furniture and homely feel that radiates from every room.
- Connacht: Perched on the banks of the River Moy at Ballina, Ice House is a unique hotel that fuses modern chic with historic glory – (the former ice house that gives the hotel its name). The highlight with this property is the excellent spa facilities, complete with a relaxation room, spa garden with outdoor hot tubs and barrel sauna. This is more expensive than the others mentioned but if you book in advance you may be able to get it at a great price, and will make an unforgettable gift for someone very special!
Boutique Budget Hotels in Europe
- Amsterdam, Netherlands: Suitehotel Posthoorn is located just 20 minutes from Amsterdam, in the centre of Monnickendam. The hotel does well to create a warm atmosphere with old-style decor and contemporary touches. You will love the warmth of the 17th-century vibes that ooze from this intimate hotel.
- Piedmont, Italy: Set amid rolling hills this boutique hotel in Piedmont is surrounded by spectacular scenery and some of the finest restaurants in Italy. La Villa Hotel is the ideal country hideaway for a couple seeking romance in a stunning part of Italy.
- Empordà, Spain: Sandwiched between the Pyrenees peaks and the Costa Brava’s cliffs and coves, medieval Castell d’Empordà is a Catalan ruin that has been transformed into a luxury boutique hotel. Climb the hotel’s narrow staircase to the watchtower and soak up the magnificent 360-degree views; on a clear day, you’ll be able to admire the glittering sea below.
Inspiration for Luxury Hotels
‘Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.’…so goes the old Chinese proverb referring to the grind of the day-to-day getting you down. Nothing beats some luxurious and lavish spa treatments, and the overwhelming sense of refreshment and rejuvenation which gives you back that glowing, happy feeling you deserve! The best spa hotels in Ireland offer you all this and more, so sit back, relax and see what’s on offer!
If you’re looking a once in a lifetime hotel stay then be sure to check out The Best Hotels in The World article to immerse yourself in the world of glitz and glam! It’s often not just the destination itself which draws people to it, but the extraordinary accommodation which makes a holiday simply perfect. The following hotels that have been awarded the Travellers’ Choice Award are definitely some of them – after all there’s a reason why they’ve been included in the top 25 of the world’s best hotels.