Rolling vineyards, cute cafés and a town straight out of medieval times – welcome to charming Carcassonne!
Group Holiday to Carcassonne
This gorgeous town in the south of France is world famous for its incredible citadel, La Cité, perched on top of a hill overlooking the newer neighbourhoods. It’s also surrounded by beautiful countryside filled with vineyards, so if you’re looking for a nice spot of relaxation this is a perfect place to come to and soak up the lovely atmosphere. I put together this group holiday to Carcassonne using Trivago and Skyscanner, so you can be sure that you’ll be getting an awesome deal out of this!
The deal includes your return flights from Dublin as well as 4 nights at the excellent Cerise Carcassonne Sud apartments. They’re built in a traditional style and set out like its own self-contained village, so things really can’t much cuter or quaint as this! The apartments are built for 4 people, so there’ll be plenty of space for all of you – make sure you add four people to the hotel search when booking. :)
In Carcassonne itself you just have to wander the streets of La Cité and marvel at just how much time seems to have stood still here. There are also wonderful cathedrals and lakes close by, and if you’re lucky you might bump into a market or two in the central square, Place Carnot. But I really recommend booking a tour at one of the nearby vineyards – hire a car and you’ll be able to explore the stunning countryside at your own pace as well.
This place embodies French charm so well that it’s definitely a place that should be on everyone’s list! To book your deal just click the links below. :)
- Group Holiday to Carcassonne: 4 Nights in Excellent Apartment for 4 People incl. Flights only €155pp
- Travel period: 09/05/2017 – 13/05/2017
- Length of stay: 4 nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Carcassonne
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Cerise Carcassonne Sud
- Rating: 78/100 on Trivago
- Location: Central
- Board basis: Self-catereed
- Airport transfer: Check transport options here
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Rental car: Check prices here
- Price: only €155 per person based on four adults sharing