Let’s get back to nature and let’s escape the hustle and bustle of the city life for a while! Experience the peaceful nature in an outstanding place in the heart of Wales: you will go on a nice glamping trip with the Brecon Beacons and Black Mountains right on the doorstep.
I have found you a deal on travelbird.co.uk which offers you to stay in a luxurious tipi on the Hollybush Campsite (3/5 on TripAdvisor) for only €49 per couple… that’s only €25 per person and a perfect opportunity to make this trip either a romantic escape, a nice family break or to make this glamping experience a fun group experience. And if you dine at the Yak-Y-Da Restaurant on the first night you get a free pint of ale or soft drink.
You sleep in an elegant tipi which can accommodate between two and ten people. Each one is equipped with coconut mat flooring and with traditional Mexican fireplaces which keep the tipi warm. So no need to worry, if the weather turns against you and if it’s getting cold outside. You still have a cosy place to stay at :) Outside of the tipis there is a picnic table, a BBQ and space to build a campfire. If you need fire wood packs you can purchase them on site or take your own with you. Enjoy all the beauty of your surrounding area in the middle of nature in comfort and without any fuss.
Don’t be scared by the rating of this ‘glampsite’, because the latest reviews are positive and most of the ‘negative’ reviews are complaints about personal issues about the taste of the beer etc. and the bees around the trees… well, make your own thoughts about that, but all reviews had one point in common: the location is perfect for having a relaxing time and for canoeing on the beautiful River Wye.
For an extra of only €18 per person you can book in addition to your stay a canoe hire with Travelbird. And if you need a little more society then jump into your car and visit the picturesque town Hay-on-Wye which is famous for its second-hand bookshops.
- Wales Tipi Glamping: 2 Nights incl. Tipi and Extras for only €49 per Couple
- Travel period: many dates in September, October, November and December available
- Travel duration: 2 nights
- Hotel: Hollybush Campsite
- Rating: 3/5 on TripAdvisor out of 354 reviews
- Glampsite: close to the Brecon Beacons and the Black Mountains directly in Wales, 10 minutes’ drive from Hay-on-Wye
- Destination: Herefordshire / Wales
- Board basis: self catering
- Following service included: Free pint of ale (or soft drink) if you dine at the Yak-Y-Da Restaurant on the first night
- Available options per tipi: for 2 people (€49 total), for 4 (€80 total), for 6 (€113 total) or for 10 (€186 total)
- Optional: Canoe Hire for an extra of €19 per person
- Excluded: Transport (but check for cheap fares on the ferry to Holyhead on stenaline!)
- Price: only €25 per person based on two adults sharing