Summertime in Ireland means hitting the road and exploring the best the countryside has to offer. This July, head to Valentia Island for a weekend of exploring and relaxing with your friends! I found this Valentia Island staycation on Airbnb that will see you and three others stay in a lovely little cottage for two nights, with the place all to yourselves!
Valentia Island Staycation
Valentia Island off the coast of Kerry is brimming with history and culture and makes for the perfect summer getaway. I found a bright little Airbnb that will be your home for two nights. Host Orla’s cottage offers splendid views of the coast and is close to Bray Head. It’s the perfect spot for relaxing with your friends and taking in the surrounding natural beauty.
Your first port of call should be Knightstown, where you’ll find plenty of period house, craft shops, cafes and pubs. Head to Glanleam House, Gardens and Beach for 40 acres of stunning sub-tropical gardens. Make sure to check out the healing well, the lighthouse and the small sandy cove. If you really want to keep in shape, then climb up the Geokaun Mountain and Fogher cliffs for 360-degree views. You can also plan a trip to the famed Skellig Michael Island which provided the perfect setting in Star Wars: The Force Awakens!
- Valentia Island Staycation: 2 Nights in Private, Superb Cottage for 4 People just €60pp
- Provider: Airbnb
- Travel period: Several dates available
- Sample dates: 20/07/2019 – 22/07/2019
- Length of stay: 2 nights
- Hotel: Tig Sonas
- Score: 5/5 on Airbnb + Superhost rating
- Location: ca. Miles from city centre
- Meals: Self-catering basis
- Travel insurance: Get it here
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only €60 per person based on four adults sharing