Now that the weather’s bringing bitter chills and ice I’m often thinking about just cosying up by the fire with a blanket, a cuppa tea and and good book to boot. This Airbnb listing that I found pretty much embodies that feeling of snugness, making it the perfect getaway for those chilly winter months!
Super Snug Donegal Getaway
This delightful cottage enjoys a secluded location on Inch Island, Co. Donegal. With lush forests, beaches and coastal paths all around it’s a fabulous location to be. You’re a stone’s throw away from the Wild Atlantic Way, and the island itself is actually a protected bird sanctuary so you’ll be in for a chance to spot some rare and interesting wildlife during your stay.
From the outside the listing looks like your usual, whitewashed cottage. But as soon as you open the door you’ll quickly realise that you’re in for something special! The entire property has been transformed into its own mini-library. Pretty much every conceivable bit of wall space is filled to the brim with books and you’ve got countless cosy corners to snuggle up in. There’s even a log-fired stove…
I think it’s fair to say that this is the idea of a book lover’s heaven mixed in with a beautiful coastal break. Just hit that link if you want to take a closer look at the listing – there’s still availability in December 2017 so if you don’t want to wait too long for a little break then I’m sure this is a great option for you!
- Super Snug Donegal Getaway: Stay in a Charming Library House from only €58pn!
- Travel period: Availability in December 2017 + 2018
- Listing: The Library – a Cosy Christmas Getaway
- Rating: 5/5 on Airbnb out of 81 reviews
- Location: Inch Island, Donegal
- Board basis: Self-catered
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Price: only €58 per person based on two adults sharing