Whether it’s about relaxing, eating good food or enjoying an activity like bird-watching or hiking, you’re certainly going to find it here in Northamptonshire. Treat yourself well with this little vacation and enjoy great hospitality and the beautiful landscape of this region. Take this break as a little journey through history or make it a modern thrilling experience by visiting the Formula One Grand Prix at Silverstone. Northamptonshire has something for everyone.
I have found a hotel deal on travelbird.co.uk which offers not only a one-night stay in the 4 star Queens Head Riverside Inn (72% on TripAdvisor), but also welcomes you with afternoon tea, a 2-course Dinner on the first evening, tickets to the Burghley House and breakfast in the next morning for only €111 per couple! That’s only €56 per person and you get a lot for your money.
The hotel is located on the banks of the River Nene and is surrounded by the picturesque village Nassington. It is the ideal place to start your tranquil holiday in a lovely spot enjoying a pint of real ale or a glass of chilled wine in summer … or to cuddle on cold winter days in front of the warm open fires in the lounge bar :)
The location is also good to explore the hiking trails of Northamptonshire and to visit the neighbouring villages like Peterborough and Stamford.
As this deal includes tickets to the Burghley House you shouldn’t miss to visit it. It is one of the largest and most impressive houses of the first Elizabethan Age and you can eat in the Orangery Restaurant or pick up some souvenirs at the Gift shop. The garden of the property offers you beautiful walks around the historic parkland. Wish you a relaxing time here in Northamptonshire!
FYI: You can book an extra night for only €61 in total. Just click on ‘book now’ on Travelbird and you will be taken to a calender, where you can see all the available dates. You’re not obliged to make a booking by clicking on ‘book now’.
- Northamptonshire: 2 Days incl. 4* Hotel, Breakfast and Dinner + Extras for only €111 per Couple
- Travel period: depends on availability, selected dates in July August, September and October
- Travel duration: 2 days (=1 night)
- Hotel: 4 star Queens Head Riverside Inn
- Rating: 72% on TripAdvisor out of 128 reviews
- Hotel location: Nassington, close to Stamford and Peterborough
- Destination: Northamptonshire
- Board basis: breakfast
- Extras: afternoon tea, 2-course dinner for two, tickets to Burghley House
- Excluded: booking fee of €5
- Price: only €56 per person based on two adults sharing