Fancy learning how to cook like a pro and make a holiday out of it too? It doesn’t get much better than French cooking, and with this deal to Loire Valley from travelbird.co.uk you can enjoy a three night break on a full board basis, including two days of French cooking lessons. That’s three days of warm weather and fabulous food while in France! And, at a relatively low cost you really will get the best bang for your buck.
The Secret Garden, Loire Valley
Originally a farmhouse, dating as far back as 1834, this hotel now stands elegantly decorated with beautiful French furnishings. The bedrooms remain true to the period design, each with a private bathroom and an attached kitchen for making tea and coffee. The hotel also has a sun terrace, garden and orchard you can relax in after a busy day playing masterchef.
What once was a stable is now an open plan kitchen where you will learn how to cook A-La-France. You will learn these life-long skills from chef Rinus and teacher Lesley about the integral techniques needed for preparing the finest French cuisine. This hands-on experience includes a trip to the local market for tips on how to source the finest local produce and best ingredients for your meals.
The area is stunning and will make for a perfect break away. The flights I have included for you are from Dublin to Tours, May 1 to May 4, and from there if you hire a car it is only an hour drive to your hotel. All relevant links are included below, just click on them to book.
- Loire Valley: 3 Nights in Country House with Full Board and Flights + 2-Day Cooking Class for only €302
- Travel period: 01/05/2015 – 04/05/2015
- Travel duration: Three Nights
- Air temperature during stay: 15°C
- Water temperature during stay: 0°C
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Tours
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: The Secret Garden
- Rating: 5/5 stars on TripAdvisor out of 16 reviews
- Location: Courdemanche, France
- Meals: Full Board
- Airport transfer: 44 minute drive – €8
- Rental car: get a quote from Hertz
- Price: only €302 per person based on two adults sharing