Sometimes there’s nothing better than just getting away from it all for just a few days! Escape to the country and enjoy some mighty fine surroundings with this cute holiday in a barn!
Holiday in a Barn
Airbnb currently has a fab listing in Co. Sligo where you and 5 other people can enjoy a 3-night stay in a gorgeous converted barn, nestled in the Ox Mountains. So if you’re a self-confessed lover of nature or you’re just craving a few days away, then I think this’ll suit you down to the ground alright!
The owner has converted this hay barn into a wonderfully cosy property with tons of space for all of you. The kitchen is fully equipped so you can make your own meals, and sleeping arrangements are flexible depending on how many people are coming with you. Plus you’ll have your own log fire to heat the place up, so I reckon you’ll be as snug as a bug here!
The landscaped gardens will offer you a fantastic view of the valley, plus you’ve also got the equipment to get your own little BBQ going. And you have so much to do in the surrounding area! Nearby loughs provide opportunities for water sports, fishing and kayaking, and there are even local stables close by where you can go horse riding. Plus the Atlantic coast isn’t too far either. Go wild!
There’s a 1 night minimum stay here, and with plenty of dates to choose from you’ll have lots of flexibility. I’ve included a link to the listing below. :)
- Holiday in a Barn: 3 Nights in Converted Barn for Family/Group of 6 only €81pp
- Travel period: Availability year round (example dates: 23 – 26 April 2018)
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Listing: Bed in Barn – the Ox Mountains
- Rating: 5/5 on Airbnb out of 186 reviews
- Location: Masshill, Co. Sligo (Ox Mountains)
- Accommodates: 6 guests
- Board basis: Self-catered
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Price: only €81 per person based on six adults/family of six sharing