Drogheda Castle Stay
Stay in an Beautiful 19th Century Castle Tower from just €179pn
Hotel Drummond Tower/Castle
meals No Catering
Ever wanted to be in a real-life fairy tale? I just know that anyone wanting to relive their childhood dreams of being a prince or princess are going to love this quirky Airbnb close to Drogheda!
Drogheda Castle Stay
Situated just outside of Drogheda town, this magical castle tower will make for the ultimate mini-getaway. Hidden away by lush forest all around, the castle tower offers peace and quiet, allowing you just enjoy your cosy moments together and soak up the really unique atmosphere!
While it isn’t a proper castle per se (it was built in the 19th Century), it features bucketloads of charm. The restorations to the building have preserved and maintained all the gorgeous details that make this tower what it is – from the Gothic-style window frames to the imposing crenellations at the top, this thing feels like the real deal! Step inside and you’ll be greeted by cosy interiors that feature bare stone walls, homely wooden beams and a spiral staircase. There are stoves to keep you warm, a bathroom with modern amenities and a fully-equipped kitchen. But I’ve saved the best til last – at the top of the tower you’ll find an amazing rooftop terrace. You’ll have the perfect lookout spot which views of the rolling hills and forests all around!
If you’re interested in the listing, then just hit the link to be taken to Airbnb. You can see what dates are available and pick those that suit you the best. The price I quoted were for the cheapest nights I could find plus extra fees included. But have a little play around yourself and see what dates suit you! :)
- Drogheda Castle Stay: Stay in an Beautiful 19th Century Castle Tower from just €179pn
- Provider: Airbnb
- Travel period: Limited availability across 2019 – check what’s available at Airbnb!
- Listing: Drummond Tower/Castle
- Rating: 5/5 on Airbnb
- Accommodates: 2 guests (or up to 4 as well)
- Location: Nursery Cross/Carrickameane, Co. Louth
- Board basis: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Price: only €179 per night based on two adults sharing (including additional cleaning & service fees, cheapest rate)