Looking to head off on your next big holiday with your friends or family? You don’t need to hop on a train to find adventure with this Donegal Island Stay I found on Airbnb. Read on to learn about the magic of Arranmore Island.
Donegal Island Stay
I hope you’re not afraid of heights! This stunning cliffside house means you’ll have incredible views of the ocean. You’ll be at the very edge of Europe on the North Donegal island of Arranmore. This property is in a totally remote location with a functioning lighthouse at the bottom – how cool is that? This spacious and old house is perfect for a group holiday if you and your friends are looking for an activities-based adventure.
You better brush up on your Gaelige! More than half of Arranmore’s inhabitants are native Irish speakers – meaning you’ll get a truly traditional experience here! This island boasts some small, secluded beaches. With shipwrecks, a varied marine life and clear waters you should consider going snorkelling or scuba diving. You can also enjoy some great views of the mainland by walking to Glen Head along the trail-marked Arranmore Way.
Book this great staycation by following the link below!
- Donegal Island Stay: 3 Nights in Remote Cliffside House Near Lighthouse for 6 just €90pp
- Provider: Airbnb
- Travel period: Several dates available. Minimum of 3 nights
- Example dates: 22/09/2018 – 25/09/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Hotel: Airbnb
- Score: 5/5 on Airbnb + Superhost rating
- Location: Arranmore, Donegal
- Travel insurance: Get it here
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only €90 per person based on two adults sharing