The wild, rural and secluded nature in Donegal truly is breathtaking. Enjoy a fantastic little getaway in a super cosy lodge and enjoy some of the best culture and natural beauty that Donegal has to offer!
Cosy Donegal Getaway
I spotted this incredible little retreat in Donegal over at Airbnb that I’m sure will make for the perfect mini-moon. Take a few days out of your usual schedule to just switch off from the outside world and take things at your own pace!
The pod is essentially a snug little retreat in the ground – the host has drawn upon ancient Irish architecture when designing the property so it’s an amazing little homage to the country’s incredible rich archaeological heritage. In side you’ll find that everything is full sized, including the double bed, kitchenette and appliances! From the inside you’ll have stunning views out across the glens and there are loads of lakes close by.
As well you’ve got amazing parts of Donegal super close to you. How about hiking over to the Slieve League, some of highest sea cliffs in Europe with a staggering drop of almost 2,000 feet? Or how about spending a day out at Glencolmcille and learning about local heritage and history? During the summer there’s always a fantastic programme of events going on and plenty of trad music, so definitely do a bit of research before you go and you’ll have a fantastic itinerary planned. :)
To book this Airbnb, simply click the link below to be taken to the listing. The price I’ve quoted was based on a 2-night stay with the extra fees included – you can have a look at the screenshot as a guide. :)
- Cosy Donegal Getaway: Stay in a Rural Pod With Space for 2 Guests from only €84 per night!
- Travel period: Availability across 2018
- Listing: Times: ‘Best Place Ireland to Get Away 2017’ – Pod
- Rating: 5/5 on Tripadvisor
- Location: Glencolmcille, Co. Donegal
- Board basis: Self-catered
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Price: from only €84 per night (including additional fees)