I have to admit that I’m a huge sucker for the Wild Atlantic Way. Cruising along those roads and admiring some of the finest mountains and hills in Ireland… Never fails to take my breath away really!
Coastal Stay in Kerry
If you need a change of scenery or are even just lacking some inspiration for your next trip to the west coast, then you’ll be glad to know that I’ve spotted this lovely 2-bedroom cottage in Kerry that’ll serve as the perfect base for exploring the region. Situated in the village of Portmagee with views of rolling countryside and hills all around, it’s the perfect location for those of you needing to really switch off from the outside world and get back to nature!
The cottage itself boasts two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a spacious open-plan kitchen and dining area, so there really is no shortage of space. For a small surcharge you’ll also be given access to the sauna and Jacuzzi too – the perfect treat after a long day of hiking if you ask me… ;)
Since you’re situated directly on the Wild Atlantic Way you’ve got plenty to see and do. It’s up to you how active or how chilled you want be! The highlight by far are the magnificent Skellig Islands – they’re only a few kilometres away from the property and your hosts will be more than happy to help you arrange day trips there. But you’ve also got the Kerry Cliffs just a short drive away as well. The crashing waves and distinctive layers of rock really are just amazing to take in!
To book your stay, simply click the link below to be taken to the listing. I think the excellent reviews speak for themselves!
- Coastal Stay in Kerry: Stay in a Spacious Cottage With Beautiful Views and Space for Up to 4 Guests from only €65 per night
- Travel period: Availability throughout 2018
- Listing: Final Dimensions 2 bed Apartment
- Accommodates: Up to 4 guests
- Rating: 4.5/5
- Location: Portmagee, Co. Kerry
- Board basis: Self-catered
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Price: only €65 per person based on two adults sharing