Have you always felt like royalty but never got the chance to prove it? Well, I have just the thing with this Co.Down castle that I managed to find on Airbnb. Yes, you read that right, a castle! You’ll be staying in a gorgeous 19th Century Castle complete with a rooftop terrace to give you those all important panoramic views. ;)
The name of the historic castle you’ll be staying in is Helen’s tower. It is perched in a scenic location, high above the rolling hills of Co.Down nestled deep in the woods. There is also a rooftop terrace that you can sit on and take in your surroundings. The views from the terrace are so good that, when the weather is just right, you can actually see parts of Scotland! Everywhere you look on this estate there are some magnificent views. The Airbnb itself has a fantastic reputation among the guests that visited it and it has a sterling review record of 5 out of 5 stars.
There is plenty to see and do in the surrounding area as well. This majestic castle is located on the Clandeboye estate and has a walking route known locally as the Clandeboye Way adjacent to it. This is a historic castle and has even had poems written about it by famous poets! The main landmarks of interest that are in the surrounding area are Ava Gallery, Andrew Jackson Cottage and the main Clandeboye Estate itself, so there is plenty to keep you occupied when you can drag yourself away from your castle.
So what are you waiting for? Take your place among the greats and have a royal time ;)
- Co. Down Castle: Stay in a Gorgeous 19th Century Castle Tower with Rooftop Terrace from €173 per night
- Travel period: There is limited availability so book soon!
- Length of stay: Minimum 2 Night Stay
- Destination: Bangor, Northern Ireland
- Airbnb: Helen’s Tower
- Rating: 5 out 5 on Airbnb
- Location: Nestled in the Rolling Hills of Co. Down
- Board Basis: Self Catering
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Price: only €173 per night with a minimum stay of 2 nights