A fairy tale escape that’s fit for a king and queen – and it doesn’t have to cost you a fortune!
Castle Getaway in Clifden
Over at Airbnb it’s possible to rent a room at the stunning Abbeyglen Castle Hotel, situated in a stunning location in the heart of Connemara. Breathtaking forests and hills are right at your finger tips, and the castle itself is in a truly magnificent setting overlooking the valley. The listing itself is for an economy room in the hotel – rooms are a bit smaller than standard rooms, but you can still enjoy a very comfy stay and the value for money is really hard to beat!
During your stay at the castle you’ll be treated to a complimentary breakfast in the morning, but that’s not all! The hosts really go out of their way to make sure everyone is getting proper 5* treatment, so you’ll be invited for scones and tea in the afternoon. At 6pm, you’ll have the opportunity to learn more about the castle and the surrounding area as well as meet other guests during a cosy champagne reception. Little things to really make your stay here unforgettable!
To book your stay, simply click on the link to be taken to the listing over at Airbnb’s website. You’ll be able to get an overview of which dates are available to book – the price I’ve quoted is for a 2-night stay, but of course feel free to change this as you wish. :)
- Castle Getaway in Clifden: 2 Nights at the Breathtaking Abbeyglen Castle incl. Breakfast and Complimentary Champagne & Cream Tea from just €58pp
- Provider: Airbnb
- Travel period: Availability across 2019 + 2020 (dates in screenshot are just an example!)
- Length of stay: 2 nights (shorter or longer stays also available depending on availability)
- Hotel: Abbeyglen Castle Hotel
- Score: 5/5 on Airbnb
- Location: Clifden, Connemara
- Meals: Breakfast included
- Travel insurance: Get it here
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price: from only €58 per person based on two adults sharing