Have you ever been to the beautiful region of Basque? No? Then you shouldn’t miss the chance to spend a memorable city break at Bilbao including the free entrance to the famous Guggenheim Museum. I have found a great hotel offer on travelbird.co.uk. With a two-night stay prices start from €91 per person, if you share it with your partner. That’s for November and December, before that it is also only €95. If you are 2 adults paying, a child of 0-2 years is allowed to stay for free with you in the room of the hotel. A child between 3 and 12 years may sleep with you in the room for an extra of €28 per night. Makes this city break also very interesting for a family of 3 people.
The 3 star Hotel Conde Duque Bilbao (77% on TripAdvisor + Certificate of Excellence 2014) is centrally located in the old town of Bilbao and has an ideal location to start your city break. You will be in the heart of Bilbao within a short walking distance. Take the chance and explore the business and the entertainment district and everything else that Bilbao has to offer. Strengthen yourself with a delicious breakfast in the hotel and start with the area around the hotel for example. You will find many excellent bars and restaurants nearby and if you don’t want to eat out, you can also try the meals of the hotel’s restaurant and sip a drink at their cocktail bar.
A trip to Bilbao feels incomplete if you don’t visit the probably most important museum of Spain: the Guggenheim Museum. The hotel deal includes your entrance to the Guggenheim Museum and on top of that your accommodation is very close to it. The exterior of the museum is already pure art, because the stunning architecture makes this building to one of the most spectacular ones in the world. The Guggenheim is home to the excellent work of modern and contemporary art and is situated on the banks of the Nervion River. Get to know the largest city in Basque Country and experience some exciting local culture. Enjoy your break!
FYI: Please note that the price on travelbird.co.uk of £41 per person is for one night. I made a 2 nights (= 3 days) break. Feel free to modify the dates by clicking on ‘Book Now’ on Travelbird. Don’t panic, you are not forced to make a booking when clicking on the button. You simply get redirected to a calendar to see all available dates and exact prices. If you also want a 2-nights stay as in my example, then don’t forget to tick the extra night for £33 per adult on Travelbird. Check for flights on bravofly.com.
- Bilbao: 3 Days incl. Hotel, Breakfast, Museum Entrance and Flights for only €91
- Travel period: any between June – December
- Travel duration: 3 days
- Hotel: 3 star Hotel Conde Duque Bilbao
- Rating: 77% on TripAdvisor out of 159 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Hotel location: close to the Guggenheim Museum and ten minutes walk from the city centre
- Destination: Bilbao
- Board basis: breakfast
- Flights: check on bravofly.com
- Price includes: free entrance to the Guggenheim Museum, free WiFi
- Airport transfer in Bilbao not included. Take the bus line A-3247 from the airport to the Alameda Recalde 14 station (€1, 50mins), then less than a mile by foot. Taxi from airport to the hotel ca. €15 each way (16mins)
- Price: only €91 per person based on two adults sharing