Not only the traditional gabled houses and the many historical sights make Amsterdam to one of the most attractive cities in Europe. This city is an amazing destination, because of it’s beautiful location on the River Ij and the variety of possibilities to spend an unforgettable city break. No wonder that Amsterdam was also given the nickname “Venice of the North”. You will capture the atmosphere especially while walking over the many bridges or along the canals.
The hotel bargain on hrs.com takes you directly into the heart of Amsterdam to the 4-star Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre (88% on TripAdvisor). It is located close to the harbour and offers you a perfect starting point for exploring Amsterdam and using it as a perfect spa retreat. It has also been honoured with the Certificate of Excellence in 2013 from TripAdvisor. I have added a flight from BudgetAir.ie that takes you from Dublin to Schipol. From the airport take a train to Amsterdam Centraal Station and from there the hotel will pick you up, since a tranfer from the nearest train station is included. Just let them know in advance! Included in the deal is the use of the wellness centre as well as the gym and you get to use the free shuttle that goes between the nearest train station and the hotel.
My advice if you fancy a nice glass of wine in this beer city, then go by diVino, a fantastic wine bar where you can chillax outside on a warm summer’s day and watch the people go by. They also serve delicious snacks to go with the wine. It is a great place, however quite pricey. If you are looking for something cheap and authentic then visit Haringstal A. Van Dok in Hammersplein. It is a stall close to the market that serve fresh herring, made with different spices. Delicious if you’re into fish. Make sure you don’t miss it, you can go by there before your plane leaves on Saturday!
- Amsterdam: 4 Days incl. 4* Hotel, Spa and Flights for only €269
- Travel period: 13/08/2014 – 16/08/2014
- Travel duration: 4 days
- Departure: Dublin
- Destination: Amsterdam Schipol
- Airline: Aer Lingus
- Hotel: 4-star Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
- Rating: 88% on TripAdvisor out of 2.132 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2013
- Hotel location: directly in the city centre
- Destination: city centre, Amsterdam
- Board basis: self catering
- Extras: free use of welness centre and gym
- Airport transfer: train to Amsterdam Centraal Station €3, then hotel will pick you up! Ring them before!
- Price: only €269 per person based on two adults sharing