If 2018 is a year where you are planning to do something big, look no further than this amazing Vietnam round trip I have prepared for you. Just to note the cost mentioned in the headline of this post is a cost per person based on two people travelling.
Vietnam Round Trip – Destinations
Vietnam is a country with a lot of variety to it. If you are looking for a party holiday on some stunning beaches, to immerse yourself in a bustling metropolis, or engage with local culture in a more meaningful way, Vietnam offers you every opportunity to tick each of these boxes. This particular itinerary for a Vietnam round trip is a well-worn path by millions of travellers every year. It really is a legendary path to trek and you can actually do it in reverse from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi. It takes in 7 different locations over 21 Nights in the following places:
- Hanoi – 05.09.2018 – 07.09.2018
- Ha Long Bay – 07.09.2018 – 10.09.2018
- Da Nang– 10.09.2018 – 14.09.2018
- Hoi An – 14.09.2018 – 18.09.2018
- Dalat – 18.09.2018 – 21.09.2018
- Mui Ne – 21.09.2018 – 23.09.2018
- Ho Chi Minh City – 23.09.2018 – 26.09.2018
I have selected some of the most reliable and cheapest Vietnam hotels for you to take a lot of stress out of the journey. All of these hotels were found using Hotels.com and have all received at least a minimum of 3.5/5 on Tripadvisor which shows they are of a decent quality. :)
- Little Hanoi Diamond – Hanoi – 2 Nights – Book Here
- Starlight Hotel – Ha Long – 3 Nights – Book Here
- La Maison Da Nang Beach – Da Nang – 4 Nights – Book Here
- Red Rose Villa Hoi An – Hoi An – 4 Nights – Book Here
- Binh Yen Hotel – Da Lat – 3 Nights – Book Here
- Tien Dat Mui Ne – Blue Waves Resort & Spa – Mui Ne – 2 Nights – Book Here
- Full House Homestay – Ho Chi Minh – 3 Nights – Book Here
The two different flights that need to be booked to complete this itinerary are listed below and are taken from Skyscanner. Qatar Airways and VietJet are highly dependable airlines. Other internal transfers are not included however the bus network in Vietnam is very well developed and you’re travelling on popular routes. For the occasions when you need to travel to an airport, the hotel staff will help to arrange this for you.
- Dublin (DUB) to Hanoi (HAN) – One Way Flight – 05.09.2018 – Qatar Airways – Book Here
- Hanoi (HAN) to Da Nang (DAD) – One Way – 10.09.2018 – VietJet – Book Here
- Ho Chi Minh (SGN) to Dublin (DUB) – One Way – 26.09.2018 – Qatar Airways – Book Here
Travelling Around Vietnam
Getting around Vietnam is actually pretty handy. They have a pretty excellent bus system in operation and can be booked the day of your trip. Generally, there is a tendency to overcharge foreigners when it comes to the more rural buses but as a general rule of thumb, buses should cost around 2-3 USD per 100km. Another option for the more adventurous people out there is to get a motorbike and drive down to Ho Chi Minh.
Just as a warning I would always recommend picking up some travel insurance when invest a lot of money into a trip. There are some decent policies online covering holidays such as this one with Multitrip.com which you should take a look at. As with an exotic holiday too, it’s always good to make sure you have the necessary injections. Before my own trip I went to the Tropical Medical Bureau on Grafton St. who went through all the important precautionary steps you should take before and during your trip to Vietnam.
If you decide to book the above trip, have an awesome time and be sure to email us your photos and stories to firstname.lastname@example.org. :) Happy Travels! x