Vienna is a super stately city that’s filled to the seams with all sorts of amazing buildings, palaces and cathedrals. So I couldn’t really imagine a better place to go than here when it comes to really soaking up that traditional festive atmosphere! After all, nothing beats a proper European Christmas market. Magical!
Vienna Christmas Markets Trip
Vienna hosts lots of markets which open up at around mid-November, so they’ll be kicking off pretty much as soon as you arrive. The city will be decked out in wonderful lights and the smell of mulled wine will be in the air! The main market is hosted by the impressive neo-Gothic city hall, but there are also other pretty ones next to landmarks such as the Belvedere Palace.
I’ve put this city break deal together using Hotels.com and Skyscanner, meaning that you’ll have to book the flights and hotel separately. You’ll be flying to Bratislava which is only an hour away by coach – this is a super cheap onward journey and you’ll be saving so much compared to flying direct to Vienna!
During your time in the Austrian capital you’ll be staying in the Ruby Sofie Hotel, situated in a lovely central neighbourhood very close to the Hundertwasserhaus. It’s a super trendy hotel that’s situated in a charming Art Deco building that used to be a local dance hall!
To book this deal, simply click the links below to book your hotel and flights separately. :)
- Vienna Christmas Markets Trip: 3 Nights in Trendy Hotel incl. Flights only €212
- Travel period: 12/11/2017 – 15/11/2017
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Bratislava
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Ruby Sofie Hotel Vienna
- Reviews: 4.5/5 on Tripadvisor
- Location: Central
- Board basis: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Busses run between Bratislava and Vienna. Cheap! (journey time: approx. 1 hour)
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Price: only €212 per person based on two adults sharing