Go on a two week road trip down Route 66!! It is the absolute road trip of a lifetime and one for everyone’s bucket list. A once in a lifetime experience, this trip will take you through nine locations in thirteen days, a whirlwind adventure! It is a great value offer from travelbird.co.uk including hotels along the route, car hire, return flights, luggage and the tourist tax. Just pack your coolest shades, a great road trip mixed tape and get ready for an adventure.
Roadtrip Down Route 66
Beginning in Chicago, you will pick up your car and relax for your first night in MileNorth hotel on the Magnificent Mile. The perfect chance to explore this amazing city before the journey really starts. On day two, you will hit the road (Jack), and head for St. Louis in Missouri. On the banks of the Mississippi, here you will enjoy some Jazz music and a stay at the Omni Majestic Hotel.
Day three, you will stay in Missouri but onto the city of Springfield. Now don’t get excited, it’s not a colourful town full of yellow people, but rather the birthplace of the famous Route 66. Your hotel for the night, BEST WESTERN Plus Coach House, has an outdoor pool! Talk about luxury.
On day four, you will part ways with Missouri, embracing Oklahoma. You’re in real cowboy country now, as Oklahoma City is home to the country’s premier institution of Western history. Tonight’s hotel is the BEST WESTERN PLUS Barsana Hotel & Suites.
Is this the way to Amarillo?? Why yes, it is!! As on day five you will cross into the Lone Star State of Texas, to Amarillo, with beautiful sights as far as the eye can see and a great stay in Comfort Inn & Suites.
Drive on to Albuquerque, New Mexico on day six, where glorious mountain peaks and famous monuments await. A dream for Breaking Bad fans as loads of scenes were shot in this area, (just like Hank was…yes, I went there!). Here you will spend the night at Hilton Garden Inn.
Days seven and eight are pretty amazing, you will drive towards the Grand Canyon, and staying in a really active, adventurous area. It is the perfect spot to get out and stretch your legs and do a bit of hiking after all that driving. The Little America Hotel will provide comfort and another outdoor pool on these nights.
Onwards, upwards and forwards to Las Vegas baby!! Where you will spend three nights, let’s face it getting drunk and gambling, while staying in the Bally’s Las Vegas. It is a famous hotel and casino, located right on the strip, the ultimate Vegas experience.
The final two days are to drive to and explore California. The sunny, surf and beach capital of America; everyone is happy here. Go celeb spotting in Hollywood, have fun in an amusement park, walk along the Sunset Boulevard and rest your head at night in Knott’s Berry Farm Resort Hotel. This is the last point of your trip, so make it count.
On day fourteen, you fly back to Heathrow where you began. A flight from Ireland to Heathrow is not included but you can make your way to London really cheaply at any time. Also, the dates I have mentioned are just an example, there are loads available. Check them out and book this deal with the link below.
- USA Route 66 Trip: 2 Weeks incl. Hotels, Car Hire and Flights for only €1714
- Travel period: 10/03/2015 – 23/03/2015 (many other dates available too)
- Length of Stay: two weeks
- Air temperature during stay: 14°C
- Water temperature during stay: 15°C
- Airport of departure: Heathrow (you can easily get a flight from Dublin to Heathrow at any time)
- Destination: Chicago
- Hotel: Many hotels, nine different ones all brilliant
- Rating: MileNorth, Omni Majestic Hotel, BEST WESTERN Plus Coach House, BEST WESTERN PLUS Barsana Hotel & Suites, Comfort Inn & Suites Amarillo, Hilton Garden Inn, Little America Hotel, Bally’s Las Vegas, Knott’s Berry Farm Resort Hotel
- Location: ca. Miles from city centre
- Airport transfer: pick-up and drop-off between airport and hotel included
- Price: only €1714 per person based on two adults sharing