Are you tired of the same old, done and dusted European destinations? Well, Helsinki is certainly off the beaten path and while it might get overlooked for Lapland, it’s got plenty going on in the summer! I found a great deal for you for a summer Finland city break using Airbnb and my Flight Finder tool.
Summer Finland City Break
You’ll be staying in a fantastic Airbnb just outside of central Helsinki. This charming apartment is highly-rated by previous guests who loved the location, sparkling cleanliness and host Minna’s friendliness. Minna’s apartment is in the Kallio neighbourhood which is a trendy and up-and-coming area with several cafes, restaurants, bars, flea markets and a quiet park. You can luckily get into central Helsinki on foot in under 30 minutes or take a tram or bus which takes less than 15 minutes.
Helsinki’s bayside beauty comes with cutting-edge architecture, superb design, modern art and nearby nature. Take a boat cruise from the market square for a glimpse of the city by water. Or, visit the Design District with its furniture and clothes shops and museums to see where innovation meets creativity. I personally recommend hopping on a 15-minute ferry the “Fortress of Finland”, a tiny and gorgeous Swedish-built world heritage site if you want a reprieve from urban life.
- Summer Finland City Break: 4 Nights in Well Rated Apartment Incl. Flights just €205pp
- Travel period: 16/08/2018 – 20/08/2016
- Length of stay: 4 nights
- Departure airport: Dublin
- Destination airport: Helsinki (HEL)
- Airline: SAS
- Hotel: Airbnb
- Score: 4.5 out of 5 on Airbnb
- Location: Kallio neighbourhood, Helsinki
- Meals: Self-catering
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price: Only €205 per person based on two adults sharing