Most people were first acquainted with Bulgaria during their Celtic Tiger beach holidays. Sure, Sunny Beach and Solzipol are still popular choices for tourists, but truth be told, the entire country has something exciting to discover at every turn. Its capital Sofia is a gorgeous and history-soaked city that’s as perfect as any other for a visit. I found this stunning Sofia city break using Trivago and my Flight Finder tool.
Stunning Sofia City Break
During your four days, you’ll be staying in the central Hello Sofia Guesthouse. This guesthouse has a fantastic location for seeing the city on foot. It’s very close to the National Theatre, Boyana Church and the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. Previous guests loved the location and helpfulness of the staff.
There’s a lot to be explored in the Bulgarian capital. While its architecture heralds back to the Ottoman and Soviet Empire, its personality is undoubtedly young and vibrant. Sofia has a trove of museums and galleries such as the Archaeological Museum and History Museum and the fascinating remains of the Roman city Serdica can be visited. You can easily get to ski and hiking slopes in Mt Vitosha.
What are you waiting for? Book this incredible city below!
- Stunning Sofia City Break: 4 Nights in Central Hotel Incl. Flights just €174
- Travel period: 07/09/2018 – 11/09/2018
- Length of stay: 4 nights
- Departure airport: Dublin
- Destination airport: Sofia SOF
- Airline: Lufthansa
- Hotel: Hello Sofia Gueshouse
- Score: 3.5/5
- Location: city centre
- Meals: Self catering
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only €174 per person based on two adults sharing