Italy’s lakelands are absolutely beautiful – knocks my socks off every time!
Stunning Lake Maggiore Holiday
I’ve done plenty of Lake Garda and Lake Como deals during my time, but there’s another lake I’d like to show you today! I’d like to introduce Lake Maggiore, a huge lake that crosses the Swiss-Italy border and snakes its way down into the foothills below. I’ve got a fantastic deal for you today that I put together using Expedia that I’m sure you’ll love!
With it you’ll get return flights from Dublin to Milan Palpensa. And it goes without saying that you just have to hire a car during your time there, because there are so many pretty towns and view points that are waiting to be explored! The hotel you’re staying at, Hotel Lido la Perla Nera, is actually nestled on the side of a mountain just a short drive away from the lake, and you’ll actually be close to Lake Como and Lake Lugano too!
One of the must-see sights of Lake Maggiore is the beautiful palace situated on the small island of Isola Bella (you’re actually staying right next to it) and there are also plenty of mansions and stately parks dotted around the lake too. Soak up the amazing views at Orrido di Sant’Anna, or get stuck into the local culture with a few wine or cheese tastings along the way.
And sometimes the simplest pleasures in life are the best – put together a big picnic, find a bench by the lake and just soak up those mind-blowing landscapes! To book your Italian adventure, simply click the link below.
- Stunning Lake Maggiore Holiday: 5 Nights in Hotel incl. Breakfast & Flights only €402
- Travel period: 11/09/2017 – 16/09/2017
- Length of stay: 5 Nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Milan Malpensa
- Airline: Aer Lingus
- Hotel: Hotel Lido la Perla Nera
- Rating: 81/100 on Trivago
- Location: Varese, Italy
- Board basis: Breakfast included
- Route: Check route here
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Rental car: Check prices here
- Price: only €402 per person based on two adults sharing