The amazing nightlife and live music means that you’re gonna have a blast celebrating St. Patrick’s Day in Cologne!
St. Patrick’s Day in Cologne
True, no-one really celebrates Paddy’s Day as well as we do, but why not mix things up a bit and combine the festivities with a city break to one of Germany’s most fun and vibrant cities? The nightlife here really is something!
This deal I spotted on Expedia comes with your return flights from Dublin to Cologne-Bonn, and you’ve also got 2 nights at the 4* Hotel Lyskirchen. It’s located in the south of the old town, so you’ve got the best of what this city has to offer right on your doorstep.
A lot of the nightlife revolves around the Old Town and clubs will play everything from traditional German Schlager music (think cheesy, European pop) to more modern genres. There are a couple of Irish pubs such as the Jameson Distillery Pub and the Corkonian. But one of my favourite bars in Cologne is the Papa Joe’s Klimperkasten – granted it’s a little crowded most of the time, but the cosy atmosphere and crowds of singing Germans more than make up for it!
Plus if you’re feeling rough in the morning then you can always go for a walk and discover the historic sights. Stroll along the river promenade, check out the cosy corners and cafés hidden down all the cobbled streets and marvel at the size of Cologne Cathedral!
- St. Patrick’s Day in Cologne: 2 Nights in 4* Hotel incl. Flights only €159
- Travel period: 17/03/2017 – 19/03/2017
- Length of stay: 2 nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Cologne-Bonn Airport
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Hotel Lyskirchen
- Rating: 82/100 on Trivago
- Location: Old town (south)
- Board basis: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Check transport options here
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Price: only €159 per person based on two adults sharing