Here’s a huge solo deal for anyone looking to embark on a proper adventure!
Solo Tour of the Adriatic
The beauty of Croatia is legendary. But next door you’ll also find some truly stunning spots that encapsulate what it is that makes the Adriatic such a beautiful region.
I’ve put together a huge 12-night itinerary for the end of September/beginning of October that I’m sure you’ll love. You’ll have return flights with Aer Lingus and all your Airbnbs included in each area. You’ll have to arrange your own transport while you’re there but there are loads of really cheap buses and coaches that you can arrange and it won’t cost you that much to get around while you’re there.
Once you’ve landed in Dubrovnik, it’s time to head across the border to Kotor. This historic city is nestled away in the deepest reaches of the Bay of Kotor, a breathtaking area of Montenegro which boasts stunning mountains and lush views. The town of Kotor itself is bursting with charm, and you can even make it out to Our Lady of the Rocks, a little monastery perched on a small island in the bay.
Then it’s time to head back on yourself and enjoy the sights and sounds of the legendary Croatian city of Dubrovnik. You’re actually staying a few kilometres out of the city in the area of Donji just across the Serbian border, but this means that you’ll enjoy far-reaching views of the sea and mountains. Dubrovnik’s walled city is magical and you’ll feel like you’ve been transported to another place in time.
Mostar, Bosnia & Herzegovina
Next up is somewhere a little more obscure. Mostar is a small town in Bosnia & Herzigovina which in may ways is a bridge between cultures. On one side of the river lives the Christian population; on the other lives the Muslim population. And of course there’s a incredible bridge linking the two halves (Most is also the word for “bridge”!). It’s a fascinating, eye-opening little place and there’s much to learn and experience here.
Last but not least is Split. This beautiful Croatian city is the gateway to many Croatian islands such as Brac and Hvar, but it also boasts many sights of its own. You’ll recognise the Diocletian’s Palace from Game of Thrones. Other nearby towns such as Makarska and Trogir are well worth checking out too while you’re there.
Then it’s back on the plane to Dublin – your return flight departs from Split! Over the course of 12 nights you will have experienced some fabulous areas along the Adriatic coast (and a bit further inland!) that certainly deserve a lot of love. If the Airbnbs that I’ve linked to are sold out, simply use the other buttons to look for similarly priced properties in the area. :)
- Solo Tour of the Adriatic: Visit Kotor (Montenegro), Dubrovnik (Croatia), Mostar (Bosnia & Herzegovina) & Split (Croatia) for just €372!
- Provider: Airbnb + Momondo
- Travel period: 25/09/2018 – 06/10/2018
- Fly to Dubrovnik, travel to Kotor
- Kotor: 25/09/2018 – 27/09/2018
- Dubrovnik: 27/09/2018 – 30/09/2018
- Mostar: 30/09/2018 – 02/10/2018
- Split: 02/10/2018 – 06/10/2018
- Fly back to Dublin!
- Length of stay: 12 nights
- Departure airport: Dublin
- Destination airport: Dubrovnik (return flight departs from Split)
- Airline: Aer Lingus
- Heavenly rustic house (Bay of Kotor)
- Belle vue near Dubrovnik (Donji, 11km from Dubrovnik)
- Motel Rivero (Mostar)
- Cosy room for 2 with breakfast (Split)
- Meals: Breakfast included in some properties!
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only €372 total for flights and accom.