Lush countryside, cute towns and dreamy chateaux – the Loire Valley is a truly wonderful place to be!
Solo Holiday to the Loire Valley
Back in the days of French aristocracy, the well-heeled looked to the Loire Valley as a place to build stately palaces and homes. The peaceful region offered the perfect escape from the bustling streets and politics of Paris. As a result the region boasts some of the best castles in France. From Chombord and Cherverny to the water palace of Chenonceau, there are some seriously stunning architecture to be discovered here.
And let’s not forget the lovely towns such as Tours, Saumur and Langeais! The quaint architecture and delightful riverside setting is a delight to experience and you’ll love sitting down at all the cosy cafés and restaurants or wandering the winding streets.
This is a solo deal I’ve put together for a long weekend in the Loire Valley, based in Tours. I’ve combined some cheap flights to Tours that I spotted on my Flight Finder tool with a cool little Airbnb that provides private accommodation perfectly suited for solo travellers. You’ve got a private bathroom, a shower and access to the garden, so just make yourselves at home and chill out!
If the dates don’t suit then feel free to customise them yourselves and see what deals you can find. To book, simply use the links to be taken to the providers’ websites. :)
- Solo Holiday to the Loire Valley: 3 Nights in Private Accommodation incl. Return Flights only €136
- Provider: Airbnb + Kayak (Flight Finder)
- Travel period: 14/09/2018 – 17/09/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: Dublin
- Destination airport: Tours
- Airline: Ryanair
- Listing: Chambre avec sde privative
- Score: 5/5 on Airbnb
- Location: Tours, Loire Valley, France
- Meals: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Travel insurance: Get it here
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only €136