It can be a bit intimidating to travel solo, but all you need is the right city, at the right time! This spring, head to the beautiful coastal town of Cascais. You’ll find unforgettable architecture, a relaxed vibe and stretches of sandy beaches. I found this solo Cascais break using Airbnb and my Flight Finder tool.
Solo Cascais Break
Margarida’s Airbnb is a cheap and cheerful choice for making your way around Cascais. You’ll be staying in the plush area of Costa da Guia, with a balcony in your room to take in the scenery. Previous guests loved the host’s friendliness, the quietness of the area and the scenic walk to Cascais. I recommend renting a bike to explore the area with ease!
Cascais is the quintessential Portuguese fishing village. Set to the west of Lisbon, you’ll find remnants of the country’s aristocracy with lavish manors, mansions and beautiful, lush gardens. You’re close to two coastlines which offer family-friendly beaches or the rugged cliffs of Serra da Sintra. There are so many highlights to pack into this small town. I recommend visiting the Castro Guimaraes Museum, the Boca do Inferno cliffs and pretty Praia da Rainha beach. Make sure to pay a visit to the Nossa Senhora da Assunção church, with its glazed azulejo tiles.
Book this break by following the links below!
- Solo Cascais Break: 3 Nights in Great Airbnb Incl. Flights just €134
- Provider: Airbnb
- Travel period: 03/03/2019 – 06/03/2019
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: Dublin Airport
- Destination airport: Lisbon Airport
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Airbnb
- Score: 4.5/5 on Airbnb
- Location: Cascais, Portugal
- Meals: Self-catering
- Travel insurance: Get it here
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only €134 per person based on two adults sharing