I’ll let you in on a little secret – one of my most favourite spots in the world is just a short hop away from our dear home! In fact we’re practically neighbours with it! Treat yourselves to a relaxing Scottish Highlands holiday with this gorgeous Airbnb I spotted, get in touch with nature and enjoy the peace and quiet…
Scottish Highlands Holiday
On Airbnb I spotted a gorgeous B&B called the Barley House, situated on the banks of Loch Carron. The bridge that connects the mainland to the Isle of Skye is just up the road in the small village of Kyle of Lochalsh. You’ll have waters gently lapping at the shore which is pretty much right at your finger tips, and all around you’ll see rugged peaks and wind-swept moorlands… Views so beautiful they’ll knock your socks off!
Despite being a remote location (the nearest shops and restaurants are a couple of minutes away by car), you’ll be snug enough at the Barley House. Your hosts will prepare fresh breakfasts (you can even have eggs from their hens too), and you have a double room and a private bathroom at your disposal. In the lounge you can snuggle up with a good book and enjoy the wonderful views of the Isle of Skye thanks to the floor-to-ceiling windows.
You’ve got so many potential daytrips – head to the Isle of Skye to see Portree the Fairy Pools or the Old Man of Storr, or head a little further out to the likes of Loch Ness, the Cairngorms and Glencoe.
The deal doesn’t come with your flights, but you can easily find return flights to either Glasgow (approx. 3¼hrs by car) or Edinburgh (approx. 3½hrs by car) for around €20 – €40. You’re free to select which dates you want – there’s lots of availability at the Barlow House in 2017 and 2018. :)
The cheapest nightly rates start from just €89 per night but with the extra fees thrown in it comes to €102 per night – you can check out the screenshot as a rough guide. :)
- Scottish Highlands Holiday: Stay in a Gorgeous Coastal B&B incl. Breakfast from only €102pn
- Travel period: 15/09/2018 – 17/09/2018 (example dates – more availability across 2018 :) )
- Listing: The Barley House
- Rating: 5/5 on Airbnb
- Accommodates: 2 guests
- Location: Port an Eòrna (close to Kyle of Lochalsh, Rosshire)
- Board basis: Breakfast included
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Rental car: Check prices here
- Price: only €102 per night based on two adults sharing (extra fees included, cheapest rate)