Salamanca is a wonderful city in Spain, just to the west of Madrid. It’s a place that’s brimming with beautiful architecture, and in fact it’s so pretty it was even designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
Salamanca City Break
I’ve managed to put together a great-value city break deal to Salamanca using Hotels.com and my Flight Finder. Included in the deal are your return flights to Madrid as well as your 3 nights at the Alevia Pension. Your transfers aren’t included, but I’ve done a bit of research – the best way to get to Salamanca from Madrid would be to take the train, which costs approx. €14 each way and takes around 2 3/4 hours.
The Alevia Pension puts you right in the heart of Salamanca’s thriving Old Town. You’ve got brilliant restaurants and shops at your doorstep, plus of course you’re within easy reach of all the top sights in the city. The accommodation itself may be basic, but it’s still of great quality and you can’t argue with the amazing value for money!
If it’s your first time in Salamanca, then I recommend first heading to the city’s university. Founded in the early 15th century, the university features breathtakingly intricate architecture and you can happily spend ages soaking up the atmosphere in the magical courtyards or even just admiring the carvings.The Plaza Mayor square and the Old and New Cathedrals are also hard to miss. But it’s not just about the pretty buildings – be sure to sample the region’s excellent cuisine and even try some of the locally grown wines from the Duoro River valley.
To book this city break deal, simply click the links below to be taken to the providers’ websites where you can then make your bookings. :)
- Salamanca City Break: 3 Nights in Central Apartment incl. Return Flights only €118pp
- Travel period: 24/09/2018 – 27/09/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Madrid
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Alevia
- Rating: 4/5 on Tripadvisor
- Location: Super central
- Board basis: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included
- There are frequent trains between Madrid and Salamanca. It takes roughly 2 3/4 hours and costs approx. €14 each way
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Price breakdown:
- Hotel: €48 per person (€96 total)
- Flights: €70 per person (€140 total)
- Price: only €118 per person based on two adults sharing