People are quick to assume Scandinavia is a cold, dark place that’s up to its eyeballs in snow. Well you’ll be pleasantly surprised to see that during the summer it’s actually quite the opposite!
Oslo in July
If you want to experience those famous long days (some people do like to call Norway the Land of the Midnight Sun after all!) then a trip to Oslo in July is perfect. You’ll get lovely weather and plenty of daylight hours to explore, enjoy and relax.
With this fantastic Ebookers deal you’ll get direct flights from Dublin to Oslo Rygge, where you’ll be able to take the bus straight into the city centre. To make your stay even more convenient I’ve picked out a fantastic and modern hotel that’s slap bang in the middle of the city too!
The Comfort Hotel Xpress Youngstorget is the perfect choice for those looking to save money in Oslo – what’s more is that it’s right in the centre of town close to tons of sights. The cathedral is essentially just up the road, and just a little further on is the central shopping street of Karl Johans Gate. This street passes the Stortinget parliament building all the way up to the stunning royal palace – from there you’ll get a view of the entire road!
Buy a day ticket and you’ll be able to use the ferries for no extra charge, so be sure to go for a spot of island hopping! Visit the amazing museums on Bygdøy, soak up the panoramas from the Holmenkollen ski jump tower, and afterwards relax and chill in trendy cafés and bars such as Bare Jazz, Mekaniske Verksted or Liebling. Those looking for a more alternative vibe should head to east to Grünerløkka – my favourite part of the city for sure. ;)
There’s so much more to Oslo than this – but you’ll see it for yourself! Don’t miss out on this fantastic city for such a great price!
- Oslo in July: 2 Nights incl. Central Hotel & Flights for only €147
- Travel period: 05/07/2016 – 07/07/2016
- Length of stay: 2 nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Oslo Rygge
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Comfort Hotel Xpress Youngstorget
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor out of 1,464 reviews + Certificate of Excellence
- Location: Central
- Board basis: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Rygee Ekspressen services to and from airpor to city centre
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Price: only €147 per person based on two adults sharing