In comparison to other cities like London or Berlin, the Norwegian capital feels quite compact. But there really is so much to do in an Oslo city break that you’ll want to keep coming back for more!
Oslo City Break
I’ve been to this city several times and I always find something new to do each time. Whether it’s trying your hand at some cross-country skiing in the Nordmarka forests, soaking up the views from the top of Holmenkollen Ski Jump Tower or exploring the cosy cafés of Grünerløkka, you’ll realise just how much nature and city life go hand in hand in Norway.
I’ve picked cheap return flights on Skyscanner that depart from Dublin and land at Oslo Gardermoen, meaning that you can take the express train straight into the centre. And as luck would have it, your hotel that I found on Trivago is also right in the centre of town too!
Located just around the corner from the cathedral, market hall and the main shopping street, the Citybox Oslo provides comfortable accommodation for very reasonable prices. The fact that everything is literally on your doorstep makes it even better. The beautiful harbour is just a few blocks away, as is the lovely royal palace. There’s also a ton of museums to get stuck into as well!
For me this is definitely one of my top destinations in Europe, so I’m definitely looking forward to coming back soon! If you’d like a little Norwegian adventure, then click the links below to book your hotel and flights seperately. :)
- Oslo City Break: 3 Nights incl. Great Hotel & Flights for only €183
- Travel period: 19/01/2017 – 22/01/2017
- Length of stay: 3 night
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Oslo Gardermoen
- Airline: Norwegian
- Hotel: Citybox Oslo
- Rating: 80/100 on Trivago
- Location: Central
- Board basis: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Check transport options here
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Price: only €183 per person based on two adults sharing