With the pine trees, snow and cute wooden houses, things don’t get much more Christmassy than in Scandinavia!
Oslo Christmas Markets
That’s why Oslo is pretty much the perfect city to spend a little pre-Christmas getaway! There are huge stretches of forest nearby where all the locals go skiing, the snow will be plentiful and dozens of markets, concerts and fairy lights really add a huge dose of magic to this charming city! I’ve put together a great deal for you using Hotels.com and Skyscanner so you can spend a weekend seeing everything the city has to offer!
The deal comes with your return flights from Dublin to Oslo Gardemoen, where you can take the train straight into the centre – pretty convenient considering your hotel is pretty much just around the corner from the main station! The Citybox Oslo is a fantastic hotel right in the heart of the city where you’ll be just a short walk away from the sights. Karl Johans Gate, the main shopping street, is just up the road too!
You’ll be sure to come across plenty of Christmas markets too such as the ones by the Parliament Building or the City Hall, but if you’re looking for something handmade or one-of-a-kind, then head to Blå in the trendy neighbourhood of Grünerløkka. Don’t miss out on some Norwegian food too – the waffles are amazing!
Oslo’s always been one of my favourites, but nothing beats coming here at Christmas! To book your festive break simply click the links below. :)
- Oslo Christmas Markets: 3 Nights in Central Hotel incl. Flights only €185
- Travel period: 14/12/2017 – 17/12/2017
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Oslo Gardemoen
- Airline: Norwegian
- Hotel: Citybox Oslo
- Rating: 4/5 on Tripadvisor
- Location: Super central
- Board basis: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Price: only €185 per person based on two adults sharing