Matera City Break
3 Nights in Traditional B&B Incl. Breakfast, Flights
Discover one of Italy’s most underrated cities! With this Matera city break that I’ve put together with Trivago and my Flight Finder tool, you can check out this wondrous enclave for three nights with flights and breakfast included.
Matera City Break
There’s nothing like a classic Italian B&B to give you that authentic feel. The Le Due Nicchie is the perfect spot for kicking back during your stay in Matera. You’ll be in the city centre and just a ten-minute walk away from Matera Cathedral, with Tramontano Castle also nearby. You’ll enjoy a hearty Italian breakfast in the morning before heading off to discover the sights!
This gem in the south of Italy has been named one of the European Capitals of Culture for 2019. This city sits on the hills of the Basilicata region, with characteristic sprawling cave dwellings, or Sassi. While these were once the scourge of the city where the impoverished lived, today you can find beautiful hotels, boutiques and osterias. I recommend exploring the park of the Rupestrian Churches of Matera and the Piazza Vittorio Veneto. Explore the Sassi and head to the beautiful Sasso Caveoso.
Book this great city break by finding a date that suits you and booking below!
Departures from Dublin
- Matera City Break: 3 Nights in Traditional B&B Incl. Breakfast, Flights just €145
- Provider: Trivago and Kayak
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: Dublin Airport
- Destination airport: Bari
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: La Due Nicchie
- Score: 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor
- Location: ca. Miles from city centre
- Meals: Breakfast
- Travel insurance: Get it here
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only €145 per person based on two adults sharing