Wow! Wow! and more Wow! This deal is the most amazing deal I have come across since, probably ever. It is just incredible, it combines the adventure of the unknown with the fun of glamping and makes a once in a lifetime opportunity seem possible. Just imagine, sleeping in the desert at night in a luxurious tent with professional guides to keep you safe.
This deal is from travelbird.co.uk and in fairness, it’s that good I’m just about to book it myself. The journey starts in Manchester, however I have included flights from Dublin to Manchester at a really low cost (included in the price I have given above). From there, you will fly to Marrakesh where you will be greeted by your 4×4 airport transfer!
Prepare for a magical adventure through the incredible landscape of Morocco. You’ll spend your first night in the bustling city in a boutique Riad called Riad Bahia Salam which has 4/5 stars on TripAdvisor out of 241 reviews. Take the opportunity to explore this unique city, sampling food from the many market stalls and in general just taking in the atmosphere.
Begin your day with breakfast and mint tea before you set off from Marrakech to travel through the high Atlas Mountains on a journey to the Oasis of Skoura. You will stop for a delicious lunch at a mountainside Kasbah. On the way you will stop off at UNESCO world heritage site, Ait Benhaddou, where scenes from The Mummy and Gladiator were filmed….seriously, Gladiator is like my favourite film! The second night will be in boutique accommodation Jardin de Skoura, which has 5/5 stars on TripAdvisor out of 254 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2014.
Day three is a journey through the Dades Valley, stopping at Todra Gorge on route to Erg Chebbi in the Sahara Desert. Later on you will experience a thrilling jeep ride through the desert to the Bivouc Camp where you will watch the sunset as you dine under the stars.
The next morning, you will wake up before day breaks to take a camel ride through the desert as you watch the sun rise. After this enlightening experience you will have breakfast before beginning the trip back through the Draa Valley. You will stop for lunch along the way and also visit some more stunning sites. On day five you will return by private transfer to get your flight home.
I have made this deal for January 13, but of course there are other dates available. It is also possible to go from Glasgow or Gatwick. If you decide to do so, please contact me and I will find you flights to get to either of those places. However, for now, click the link below to book this amazing deal!!
- Marrakech & Desert Glamping: 4 Nights incl. Luxury Riads and Tents, Flights + Transfers for only €509
- Travel period: 13/01/2015 – 17/01/2015
- Travel duration: 4 nights
- Air temperature during stay: 13°C
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Marrakech
- Airline: multiple airlines
- Hotel: a mixure of Riad Bahia Salam, Jardin de Skoura, glamping in the desert, Irocha
- Rating: Riad Bahia Salam: 4/5 stars on TripAdvisor out of 241 reviews + Jardin de Skoura: 5/5 stars on TripAdvisor out of 254 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Location: Medina, Marrakech; Oasis of Skoura; Kasbah; Ait Benhaddou, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; Sahara; Todra Gorge; Draa Valley; N’Kob; Rocha Kasbah
- Meals: breakfast and mint tea on day two, half board on night two, dinner and breakfast on the fourth night/ fifth morning
- Extras: Camel ride at sunrise, Visit and entry to Ait Benhaddou, Visit to Todra Gorge, Visit to the Hart Chaou Community Garden, The services of a bi-lingual guide, An experience booklet
- Airport transfer: Private airport pick-up/drop-off and all in-country transfers (all in 4x4s) included
- Price: only €509 per person based on two adults sharing