This winter, head to sunny Southern Italy’s hidden treasure, Matera. This ancient cave-town is the European City of Culture for 2019 so make sure you see it before everyone else does! I found this great-value Matera trip on Expedia that will see you in a fantastic spa hotel for three nights with flights included.
Magical Matera Trip
You’ll get the authentic Matera experience with the hotel I’ve found for you. The cavernous Antico Convicino Rooms & Suites is located in the Sassi di Matera UNESCO site. This 16th-century building has plenty of modern touches to keep you comfortable like with flat screen TVs, wifi, and spa room. Breakfast is served each morning in a converted cave. Exploring beautiful Matera is easy with this location with the Matera Cathedral, the sassi and Domenico Ridola National Archaeological Museum just minutes away.
Matera is a true hidden gem. You’d easily mistake this ancient city in Southern Italy for Jerusalem. You’ll find Roman ruins and sassi – buildings in rock-cut caves – with galleries, shops and restaurants inside. Take a tour of the subterranean Palombaro Lungo cathedral and the Casa Noha. For stunning views of the city, head to Belvedere at sunset.
Book this holiday by following the links below!
- Magical Matera Trip: 3 Nights in Ancient Cave Spa Hotel Incl. Flights just €177
- Provider: Expedia
- Travel period: 09/02/2019 – 12/02/2019
- Length of stay: 3 night
- Departure airport: Dublin DUB
- Destination airport: Bari BRI
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Antico Convicino Rooms Suites & SPA
- Score: 4/5 on TripAdvisor + Certificate of Excellence
- Location: Matera, Italy
- Meals: Breakfast
- Travel insurance: Get it here
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only €177 per person based on two adults sharing