The best holidays are the ones we don’t have to do a lot of planning for! With this deal from Airbnb, I’ve found the perfect no-frills weekend adventure. This magical lake yurt retreat offers the chance to unplug and unwind for a weekend.
Magical Lakeside Yurt
Steal away to scenic Lough Ree for a weekend and stay in this rustic, eco-friendly yurt. This wooden, hand-crafted yurt has a double bed, kitchen facilities, wood stove to keep you cosy and an eco-toilet. Host Yasmin invites you to visit the chickens, ducks and cats on her small farm.
With Lough Ree at your doorstep, you won’t have to wander far to enjoy this island-studded oasis. There’s no limit what water sports and pastimes you can partake in: boating, water skiing and fishing. You will be 9km from Athlone town so make sure to visit the medieval castle and the early Christian ruins of Clonmacnoise. I also recommend driving to Rindoon Castle or St John’s Wood for a scenic walk in the morning.
Book this deal by following the links below!
- Magical Lakeside Yurt: 2 Nights in a Custom Built Wooden Yurt Right Beside Lough Rea from just €73
- Provider: Airbnb
- Length of stay: 2 night
- Hotel: Airbnb
- Score: 5/5 on Airbnb + Superhost rating
- Location: Lough Ree, Athlone
- Meals: Self-catering basis
- Travel insurance: Get it here
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only €73 per person based on two adults sharing