If you’re looking for something different you should really check out this luxury Switzerland break. I managed to put this together by combining flights on Skyscanner and Hotels.com so you know you’re getting the best value. You’ll be living the high life in the stunningly picturesque town of Bern.
Luxury Switzerland Break
The only way you could describe Bern is by calling it a picture postcard town! It has a gorgeous old style charm that has captivated many people. For this luxury Switzerland break, you’ll be staying in the fabulous 4* Hotel Savoy, which is in the heart of this town. It is a magnificent hotel with a superb rating of 9.2 out of 10 on Booking.com so you can trust in this hotel. In terms of flights, you’ll be flying from Dublin airport directly to Basel, which will mean getting a train, unfortunately. However, Switzerland has some of the most beautiful countrysides in the world so you can look forward to wide sweeping vistas of this breathtaking landscape.
A lot of people actually don’t realise that Bern is the capital of Switzerland and is a UNESCO heritage site so there are plenty of gorgeous landmarks to visit. I would really recommend checking out Zytglogge, Zentrum Paul Klee and any of the landmarks in Old Town. After a devastating fire in 1405 the formerly wooden city was rebuilt in the sandstone that it’s in today. The place is bursting at the seams with cellar shop, bars and restaurants among some gorgeous sights like Zytglogge clock tower.
So what are you waiting for? Go on, treat yourself! ;)
- Luxury Switzerland Break: 3 Nights in 4* Hotel incl. Flights only €260
- Travel period: 09/03/2018 – 12/03/2018
- Length of stay: 3 Nights
- Airport of Departure: Dublin Airport
- Destination: Basel, Switzerland
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Hotel Savoy
- Rating: 9.2 out of 10 on Booking.com
- Location: Bern, Switzerland
- Board Basis: Self Catering
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Price: only €260 per person based on two adults sharing