Cumbria has always been one of my favourite parts of England. Sure – the sleepy villages of the Cotswalds and Cornwall’s quaint countryside are beautiful but the views and dramatic landscapes up north always takes my breath away! So, off you go and pamper both body and soul with this luxury Lake District holiday I’ve put together on Expedia! :)
Luxury Lake District Holiday
This deal comes with your return flights from Dublin to Manchester – it’s a 2 hour drive to the hotel which will take you though some stunning countryside along the way, so just cruise along and enjoy the view!
I’ve picked the Abbey House Hotel for a lot of reasons. A gorgeous property, fantastic amenities and glowing reviews – they all speak for themselves! The hotel is situated in a red sandstone manor house set in gorgeous landscape gardens. The interiors combine both old and new excellently, so you’ll feel like you’re really getting that VIP treatment. Complimentary breakfast is included during your stay, and in case you just fancy a break from all the hiking and exploring then you’re in luck! There’s a luxurious full-service spa on-site.
The Lake District has so much to offer – towns like Windermere, Kendall and Grasmere are filled with quaint tea shops, cafés and restaurants. Meanwhile there’s tons of opportunity for hiking too! Scafell Pike, England’s tallest peak at 3,209 ft, is definitely worth the challenge – though if you don’t think you’re fit enough to climb a mountain then you can still get fantastic views of it from Wastwater Lake (voted Britain’s favourite view!).
If you’re interested then just click the link below – it’ll take you to the deal. :)
- Luxury Lake District Holiday: 5 Nights in Excellent 4* Spa Hotel incl. Breakfast & Flights only €271
- Travel period: 18/04/2017 – 23/04/2017
- Length of stay: 5 nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Manchester
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Abbey House Hotel
- Rating: 87/100 on Trivago
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
- Board basis: Breakfast included
- Airport transfer: Check transport options here
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Rental car: Check prices here
- Price: only €271 per person based on two adults sharing