This is one fantastic city! Easily explored, plenty to keep you busy and a great atmosphere – this is one city break that can be as relaxed or as fast-paced as you want it to! So why not enjoy some luxury during you adventures with this gorgeous Cologne weekend break?
Luxury Cologne Weekend Break
I’ve put together a lovely 5* city break to this famous German city using Trivago and Skyscanner. You’ll be flying direct from Dublin to Cologne-Bonn, and it’s super easy to get into the city thanks to the good transport connections. Germany efficiency don’t you know! ;)
During your time in this city you’ll be staying at the gorgeous Hotel Im Wasserturm. It’s actually a former red-brick water tower that’s been converted in a very classy place to stay. As well as all the usual 5* luxuries you’ve even got a restaurant up on the 11th floor, so you can enjoy gorgeous views of Cologne’s skyline from a very unique perspective!
If visiting Cologne for the first time it goes without saying that you just have to see the cathedral. I’ve never seen anything else quite like it – easily one of the biggest cathedrals I’ve ever been in and chances are you can see the spires no matter where you are in the city. The Old Town surrounding it is filled with loads of restaurants and bars. Locals love walking along the river promenade too. For a cute moment why not head to the railway bridge and see the hundreds – if not thousands of love locks hanging on the rails? Maybe you can add your own… :)
If this is sounding like your cup of tea then just click the links below to book your hotel and flights separately.
- Luxury Cologne Weekend Break: 2 Nights in 5* Hotel incl. Flights only €205
- Travel period: 23/09/2017 – 25/09/2017
- Length of stay: 2 nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Cologne-Bonn
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Hotel Im Wasserturm
- Rating: 80/100 on Trivago
- Location: Central
- Board basis: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Check transport options here
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Price: only €205 per person based on two adults sharing