I’m trying so hard not to be biased, but I really do love Cardiff. It’s a haven not just for rugby supporters, but also for people looking for a great getaway that isn’t too far from home. That’s exactly what you’ll get with this awesome Cardiff city break I’ve put together with a hotel from Trivago and brilliant flights from Dublin using my trusty Flight Finder. Dig in!
Grab yourself a Cardiff city break!
This hotel definitely comes Guru Approved because I’ve stayed there myself! The Royal is a lovely 4* hotel right at the bottom of St Mary’s Street, one of the main streets in the city centre. Everything about this hotel just screams “holiday mode”! The hotel is in a Grade II building, and the inside is just as beautiful as the exterior. It’s filled with stunning decor, plush bedding, leading to the most comfortable night’s sleep you’ll ever have.
It’s super close to the Central Station, so if you want to use Cardiff as a base and explore some of south Wales you’re in the perfect location. Be sure you visit Castell Coch, which is close by, and also take a tour of Cardiff’s own castle, which is right at the top of the street you’re staying on – it couldn’t be easier to find! Sports nuts will love a tour of the Principality Stadium, which is behind your hotel. If shopping is more your thing, head for St David’s Shopping Centre. Use the links below to book this awesome city break!
- Cardiff City Break: 3 Night Stay in the Welsh Capital in 4* Hotel with Great Dublin Flights €138
- Provider: Trivago and Flight Finder
- Travel period: 20/08/2018 – 23/08/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: Dublin
- Destination airport: Cardiff
- Airline: FlyBe
- Hotel: The Royal Hotel
- Score: 4/5 on TripAdvisor + Certificate of Excellence
- Location: city centre, close to Cardiff Central Station
- Meals: room only
- Airport transfer: not included.
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only €138 per person based on two adults sharing