Down in the far south of Italy is a region filled with jaw-dropping architecture, romantic coastlines and glorious weather to boot. Go ahead and treat yourself to this sorely under-appreciated part of the country and let that magical atmosphere whisk you away!
Long Weekend in Lecce
I’ve managed to put together a lovely 3-night break to the Baroque town of Lecce. Hailed as the ‘Florence of the South‘, I’m sure that nickname will already allude to the sheer beauty of the town. Whether you decide to sit down on a terrace in one of the lovely squares or simply admire the views across the ancient rooftops, Lecce is a feast for the eyes and I’m sure the charm is going to sweep you off your feet.
The deal was put together using Airbnb and Flight Finder. You’ll be flying to Bari but the drive to Lecce is just under 2 hours, so I’d definitely look into hiring a car – this will also enable you to pop to other beautiful towns such as Brindisi, or cruise along the breathtaking coastlines.
The Airbnb itself is a fantastic apartment right in the heart of Lecce. The decor is modern and bright, yet it masterfully combines traditional elements of the building itself. Those vaulted ceilings are absolutely stunning!
To book this deal, simply click the links to be taken to the providers’ websites. :)
- Long Weekend in Lecce: 3 Nights in a Beautiful Apartment incl. Breakfast & Return Flights only €200pp
- Travel period: 19/10/2018 – 22/10/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Bari
- Airline: Ryanair
- Listing: Corte dei Romiti
- Accommodates: Up to 4 guests
- Rating: 5/5 on Airbnb
- Location: Lecce, Italy
- Board basis: Breakfast included
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Check prices here
- Price: only €200 per person based on two adults sharing