Since Croatia Airlines launched new direct flights between Dublin and the Croatian capital of Zagreb, I thought I’d do a bit of research and put together a great holiday to this otherwise overlooked corner of Europe!
Ljubljana and Zagreb Solo Round Trip
Zagreb is a charming city that’s managed to escape mass tourism and the city features a really cosy and authentic atmosphere where you can admire the pretty architecture and browse bustling markets. Just under two hours away to the west is Ljubljana, the capital of neighbouring Slovenia. It’s one of Europe’s greenest capitals and features a wonderful castle perched up on the hill, as well as plenty of bohemian vibes.
And of course, these two cities offer endless opportunities for day trips. Lake Bled is only 50 minutes away from Ljubljana, and the Plitvice Lakes National Park is just 2 hours from Zagreb – those are just two of the many fantastic highlights that await you here!
I’ve managed to put this deal together using Airbnb and my Flight Finder tool. As well as your direct flights to Zagreb you’ll have your Airbnbs in each city included as well. The only thing you’ll have to take care of are your transfers between the cities, but it’s a dead straightforward journey – you could opt for the train, or go cheap and take the coach.
The buttons will take to you the Airbnbs and flights, but if the properties that I’ve linked to are sold out then don’t worry – you can browse similarly priced properties on Airbnb as there are loads going and they offer fantastic value for money!
- Ljubljana and Zagreb Solo Round Trip: 3 Nights in Ljubljana, 4 Nights in Zagreb & Direct Flights only €328
- Provider: Airbnb + Kayak (Flight Finder)
- Travel period: 18/10/2018 – 25/10/2018
- Length of stay: 7 nights total
- Departure airport: Dublin
- Arrival airport: Zagreb
- Airline: Croatia Airlines
- Airbnb listings:
- Ljubljana: 1 / Private cozy room in green neighbourhood
- Zagreb: Studio apartment in the heart of Zagreb
- Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia; Zagreb, Croatia
- Meals: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only €328