Up in the north of Italy is a very beautiful part of the world filled with gorgeous lakes, lush views and idyllic little towns. We all know the classics like Lake Garda and Lake Como, but don’t forget about Lake Maggiore! Situated to the west not too far from Milan, this really is a lovely place to be for anyone who just wants to take life slow and enjoy the great outdoors!
Lake Maggiore Holiday
I’ve put this deal together using Trivago and my Flight Finder, meaning that you’ll have your return flights and accommodation included. When using my Flight Finder simply use the screenshot below as a guide when finding the correct ones.
You’ll be flying direct from Dublin to Milan Malpensa with Aer Lingus, and you’ll also have 4 nights at the Il Chiostro Hotel, situated in the charming town of Verbania. It takes just an hour to drive from the airport – use the handy link below in the bullet points to find a good deal for car rental. You’ve got some gorgeous drives ahead of you here!
The hotel puts you in a great location for exploring everything Lake Maggiore has to offer. The Borromean Islands, arguably one of the prettiest parts of the area, are just on the other side of the from you, and the town of Stresa is also a lovely place to spend the day. Why not even pop across the border to Switzerland as well? Simply follow the road along the lake and you’ll eventually get to the Swiss town of Locarno. A fantastic way to get a taste of two countries and get the most of those stunning Alpine vistas.
To book this deal, simply click the links below to be taken to Trivago and my Flight Finder. :)
- Lake Maggiore Holiday: 4 Nights in Well-Reviewed Hotel incl. Breakfast & Return Aer Lingus Flights only €238p
- Travel period: 19/10/2018 – 23/10/2018
- Length of stay: 4 nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Milan Malpensa
- Airline: Aer Lingus
- Hotel: Il Chiostro
- Rating: 4/5 on Tripadvisor
- Location: Verbania, Italy
- Board basis: Breakfast included
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Price: only €238 per person based on two adults sharing