If you’re dying to get away but don’t have much time to spare then take a closer look at the offer from secretescpaes.ie which brings you to the beautiful Lake District. I have added flights to this deal from budgetair.ie which take you to England in the early morning and leaves the next day at night, so that you have two full days to yourself without spending money on an extra night.
Now to get to Lake district is a bit tricky but I think it’s cheapest and best when you fly from Dublin to Manchester. Forget about public transport, it takes 2 hours and costs €50 one way per person. So I figured that a rental car would be ideal. I’ve checked and it only costs €40 for both days!! So there’s a lot you can save. Anyway back to the hotel: You will stay at elegant Miller Howe Hotel and Restaurant (84% on Tripadvisor + Cert of Excellence) idyllically located at Windemere in Lake District. It’s a hotel that put emphasis on little details, like nice arts and crafts accessories and antiquities without looking too crammed. Just step out the door and you can follow a trail into the nature and go for a walk across the beautiful and gentle scenery. Included in the deal is a full English breakfast and even better a 4-course dinner with canapés in the award-winning restaurant. It’s a deal where you can completely spoil yourself!
- Lake District: 2 Days incl. Hotel, Breakfast and 4-Course Dinner with Canapes for only €130
- Travel period: 05/06/2014 – 06/06/2014
- Travel duration: 2 full days
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Manchester
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Miller Howe Hotel & Restaurant
- Rating: 84% on TripAdvisor out of 307 reviews + Certificate of Excellence
- Location: Windemere, Lake District
- Board basis: breakfast, 4-course dinner, canapes
- Airport transfer: train to Oxenholme, Lake District, then train to Windemere €50, 2:30 hrs
- Rental car: €11pp per day
- Price: only €130 per person based on two adults sharing