The region may be at its most active during the summer months, but if you’re looking for a tranquil, quiet time whilst enjoying the sights all to yourself, then this Lake Como getaway will do you just nicely!
Lake Como Getaway
I’ve been looking around on Trivago and Skyscanner and managed to put together this cheap holiday to Lake Como at the beginning of December. With it you’ll be getting your return flights from Belfast to Milan (it worked out super cheap!), and during your stay I definitely recommend hiring a car.
You’ll be staying at the eastern end of the lake in the town of Lecco, with beautiful hills and mountains all around. The Alla Rocca Dell’innominato offers really cute accommodation with plenty of light, pastel colours, flowers and charming furnishings. You’ll even have breakfast included each morning too!
When exploring Lake Como it’s definitely worth heading to Bellagio and Como, two beautiful places with plenty of shops and restaurants still open during the low season. If you want to treat yourselves to a romantic meal in heavenly surroundings, then I recommend the Ristorante Gatto Nero in Cernobbio. For more amazing views, head up to Brunate for breathtaking panoramas of the lake and the Swiss Alps. Craving a bit of city life? No worries – just head down to Milan for a spot of shopping, or see the beautiful medieval architecture of Bergamo!
Not only are you right in the heart of some of Italy’s finest landscapes, but you’re also in a great position to explore so many different sides and places in Northern Italy. To book your little getaway, simply click the links below to book your hotel and flights separately. :)
- Lake Como Getaway: 1 Week in Charming B&B incl. Breakfast & Belfast Flights only €285
- Travel period: 03/12/2016 – 10/12/2016
- Length of stay: 1 week
- Airport of departure: Belfast International
- Destination: Milan Bergamo
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Alla Rocca Dell’innominato
- Rating: 87/100 on Trivago
- Location: Lecco, Lake Como
- Board basis: Breakfast included
- Airport transfer: Check transport options here
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Price: only €285 per person based on two adults sharing