Take advantage of the lovely weather in May and head to France’s Atlantic coast with this charming La Rochelle holiday I’ve put together today!
La Rochelle Holiday
Not only will you have a chance to explore the lovely harbour city of La Rochelle, you’ll could even head out to Île de Ré, a gorgeous island that’s home to sleepy fishing villages and peaceful sandy beaches that are just crying out for a picnic!
I’ve put this deal together using Trivago and my Flight Finder, so that means that you’ve got your return flights from Dublin included as well as 4 nights at the Hotel Saint Nicolas. You’ll be right in the heart of the old town with its typically French architecture. The charm factor will be turned up to the max. ;)
La Rochelle has a historic harbour that’s famous for the fortress-like towers that guard the entrance. Book yourselves in for a romantic meal by the waterfront or head up to the top of Saint Nicolas Tower for awesome views of the city. But whatever you do while you’re here, don’t miss out on Île de Ré. It’s around an hour away by car and it’s ridiculously beautiful, so pack your flip flops and towels for the beach! :)
To book this holiday, just use the links included to book your hotel and flights. If the dates don’t suit, simply start a new search on Expedia, though just be aware that prices will be subject to change.
- La Rochelle Holiday: 4 Nights in Central Hotel incl. Flights only €256pp
- Travel period: 21/05/2018 – 25/05/2018
- Length of stay: 4 nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: La Rochelle
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Hotel Saint Nicolas
- Rating: 4.5/5 on Tripadvisor + Certificate of Excellence
- Location: Central
- Board basis: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Price: only €256 per person based on two adults sharing