When people mention Canada, it tends to be those pine-fringed mountains, huge moose and ice hockey that tend to come to mind. But to the east of Canada is beautiful Newfoundland – and it is one seriously beautiful place that deserves a whole lotta love!
Holiday to Newfoundland
The best way I could describe Newfoundland is imagining a sort of mix between our Atlantic Coast and Scotland with the colourful houses of Scandinavia. On this beautiful island you’ll find all sorts of rugged wildernesses, fantastic hikes and breathtaking flora and fauna – there’s everything from puffin colonies and huge Atlantic salmon to black bears and lynxes.
With this awesome holiday I spotted on Expedia you’ll be spending a week at a fantastic golf resort, The Wilds at Salmonier River. You’re in a fantastic spot towards the south-eastern corner of the island, and it’s a simple enough drive from St. John’s. The resort itself is stunning and some of the views offered from the golf course are nothing short of breathtaking!
You’re a stone’s throw away from the Avalon Wildness Reserve and you have a multitude of lakes, bays and coastal walks at your doorstep. There’s all sorts of sleepy fishing villages on the coast that are well worth stopping off at and experience the warm hospitality of the locals. And meanwhile up in St. John’s you can soak up the atmosphere of the island capital and enjoy those lovely harbour views.
To book this deal, simply click the link below to be taken to the holiday package. :)
- Holiday to Newfoundland: 1 Week in Excellent 3.5* Golf Resort incl. Direct Flights only €640
- Travel period: 30/04/2018 – 07/05/2018
- Length of stay: 1 week
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: St. John’s
- Airline: Westjet
- Hotel: The Wilds at Salmonier River
- Rating: 4/5 on Tripadvisor
- Location: Holyrood, Newfoundland & Labrador
- Board basis: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Rental car: Check prices here
- Price: only €640 per person based on two adults sharing