There is a seemingly endless amount of Greek islands out there to explore! But if you feel like you’ve already been to all the big names such as Crete and Mykonos and fancy checking out somewhere complete new, then keep reading!
Holiday to Chios
Chios is Greece’s 5th largest island, yet it’s a proper hidden gem that’s certainly off the beaten track. It’s tucked up away right by the Turkish coast, not too far from the city of Izmir, and this unique location between the two countries has given this island a very distinct character and charm. From the houses clad in beautiful shows of multicoloured marble to ancient Orthodox monasteries, Chios is an absolutely beautiful island that’s not to be missed.
This Expedia package I’ve spotted is for a week in this lovely little corner of the world. When you’re picking the flights to go with the hotel be sure to go for the ones that land on the 21st September, that way you’ll get the 7 nights rather than just 6. The Voulamandis House is a lovely family-owned establishment in a wonderfully tranquil area. All around you’ll find gorgeous orange tree orchards and lovely views of the hills all around. Plus the hotel is super cosy and traditional – you can be sure your hosts will give you the warmest of welcomes.
As a personal recommendation I definitely recommend exploring the village of Pyrgi for its houses clad in intricate marble pannelling. Meanwhile in villages such as Chios Olympi or Mesta you’ll find beautiful, winding streets featuring almost fortress-like stone houses. It’s truly breathtaking!
To book this holiday, simply click the link to be taken to the holiday package over at Expedia. :)
- Holiday to Chios: 7 Nights in Brilliant Hotel incl. Return Flights only €406pp
- Travel period: 21/09/2018 – 28/09/2018
- Length of stay: 7 nights (be sure to select the flights that land on the 21st rather than the 22nd :) )
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Chios
- Airline: Aegean Airlines
- Hotel: Voulamandis House
- Rating: 4/5 on Tripadvisor
- Location: Chios, Greece
- Board basis: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Get prices here
- Price: only €406 per person based on two adults sharing