A city filled to the brim with great restaurants, great vibes and people with some of the mightiest craic around – you just can’t go wrong with a Glasgow weekend break!
Glasgow Weekend Break
I was looking around on Trivago and Skyscanner and managed to put together a nice 2-night break in Scotland’s second city. You’ll be staying right in the heart of the West End, an area that’s filled with trendy bars and restaurants such as Óran Mòr, the Hillhead Bookclub and Inn Deep as well as all sorts of quirky second-hand shops and boutiques. And if you need a serious dose of shopping or nightlife, the city centre is just a few stops away on the subway!
The deal comes with your return flights from Dublin to Glasgow, and you’ll be staying at the Heritage Hotel. You’re in a prime location right in the centre of the West End action, plus you’ve got free breakfast to keep you happy in the mornings!
For a bit of culture, I definitely recommend paying the Cathedral and Necropolis a visit, or even heading down to the Science Museum by the banks of the River Clyde. Those of you who need a serious wardrobe update can shop til you drop along Sauchiehall Street. Afterwards you can kick back with a dram of whisky at The Pot Still or chill to some live blues down at the Howlin’ Wolf for example!
Just click the links below to book your hotel and flights separately. :)
- Glasgow Weekend Break: 2 Nights in West End incl. Breakfast & Flights only €102
- Travel period: 13/10/2017 – 15/10/2017
- Length of stay: 2 nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Glasgow
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Heritage Hotel
- Rating: 81/100 on Trivago
- Location: Glasgow West End
- Board basis: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Check transport options here
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Price: only €102 per person based on two adults sharing