If you love Portugal, then you just have to go to the Azores at least once. This stunning islands situated in the Atlantic Ocean promise an unforgettable island getaway…
Getaway to the Azores
Since they’re quite a way away from the mainland, this Portuguese archipelago is easy to overlook. But they’re a magical world in their own right. I’m talking lush, mountainous islands with wonderful flowers, forests, lakes, views… Breathtaking stuff!
I’ve put together this deal using Hotels.com and Skyscanner. You’ve got return flights from Dublin to Ponta Delgada as well as 7 nights in the Marina Atlantico Hotel. The hotel’s in a prime location next to the marina and the airport is just a stone’s throw away, so getting around should be a piece of cake really! This excellent 4* hotel also features an indoor pool, a spa, a fantastic restaurant and a free breakfast buffet for you to get stuck into!
Ponta Delgada is on the Island of Sao Miguel, and this is the island you’ll see when you google pictures of the Azores. Those breathtaking caldera views? They’re on this island! One place you just have to go to is the Miradouro da Boca do Inferno, which gives you some of the most iconic views of the whole island. I also recommend going to Lagoa do Fogo for more awesome views and take a dip the Caldeira Velha hot springs. :)
To book, simply click the link below to book your hotel and flights separately!
- Getaway to the Azores: 1 Week in Great Hotel incl. Breakfast & Return Flights only €485
- Travel period: 21/02/2018 – 28/02/2018
- Length of stay: 1 week
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Ponta Delgada
- Airline: Aer Lingus/TAP Air Portugal
- Hotel: Marina Atlantico Hotel
- Rating: 4/5 on Tripadvisor
- Location: Ponta Delgada, the Azores (Portugal)
- Board basis: Breakfast included
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Rental Car: Check prices here
- Price: only €485 per person based on two adults sharing