When you think of fairy-tale castles, this is the one that inspired them all. Built in an seemingly impossible location high up in the German Alps, Castle Neuschwanstein really will take your breath away. It’s like seeing a painting come to life!
Getaway to Neuschwanstein Castle
If you’ve been dreaming of seeing one of Europe’s most beautiful castles, this nifty deal I’ve managed to put together will be the perfect opportunity for you! I’ve put this together using Hotels.com and Skyscanner, so that means you’ll have your accommodation and flights included. I’d recommend looking at hiring a car as it’ll be a super easy way of getting around, plus it means you can explore even more cute villages and mountain passes!
As well as return flights to Memmingen you’ll also have 4 nights at the Landhotel Guglhupf, situated in the village of Schwangau. Neuschwanstein Castle is just a stone’s throw away, as is the traditional town of Füssen, which is just on the other side of the River Lech. The hotel itself is built like a traditional wooden chalet, and since you’ve got free breakfast included you can get stuck into the awesome buffets. Trust me when I say that Germans really know how to do a fantastic brekkie!
There are several other small palaces and pavilions that were commissioned by King Ludwig II, the man behind Neuschwanstein – the man clearly loved a good castle! You could even pop across the border to Austria or even drive up to Munich to experience the legendary beers and Bavarian traditions.
To book this deal, simply click the links below to book your hotel and flights separately. :)
- Getaway to Neuschwanstein Castle: 4 nights in Traditional Chalet-Style Hotel incl. Breakfast & Return Flights only €242pp
- Travel period: 18/04/2018 – 22/04/2018
- Length of stay: 4 nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Memmingen
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Landhotel Guglhupf
- Rating: 4.5/5 on Tripadvisor + 2017 Travellers’ Choice Award
- Location: Schwangau, Germany
- Board basis: Breakfast included
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Rental car: Check prices here
- Price: only €242 per person based on two adults sharing